Make a flower hat for summer
The summer season calls for all the ladies out there to break out their favourite hats. Not only are they perfect for keeping the sun out of your face, but they are also a superb fashion accessory. If you want to give one of your old summer hats new flare or even if you want to create a brand new look, here’s how to create a flower hat for summer.
- A summer hat with a medium to wide brim
- Artificial flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Start by wrapping the ribbon around the centre of your hat.
- Cut off any excess ribbon and use hot glue to hold it in place.
- Hold the ribbon in place until the glue sets.
- Now trim the stem of your artificial flower or flowers. It’s best to use flat flowers like daisies or sunflowers rather than roses. They look better when they are attached to the hat. When trimming the stem, make sure that you trim it as short as possible without the flower falling apart.
- Apply some glue to the part where the stem was and stick it onto your hat. It’s great for covering up the point where the two ends of the ribbon meet. It should also be to the left or right front of the hat.
- Now you can leave it as is if you choose a single large flower. Alternatively, you can add one or two more blooms to your hat. They should be different colours and sizes for the best effect. You should have one main flower with smaller complementing blooms.
- Pair with your favourite outfit and enjoy!