Flower basket design for spring
Fresh flowers look lovely when arranged in vases. They also look really beautiful in baskets. Especially when you want to create a spring display. If you are planning on making your own flower basket, here are some easy steps for you to follow.
You will need:
- A variety of spring flowers
- Foliage to compliment your blooms
- Basket of your choice
- Floral foam
- Plastic tray to hold the foam
- A sharp pair of scissors
- Flower preservative
- When selecting your flower basket, you need to do so with your blooms in mind. In other words, the larger the basket, the more blooms you will need and the longer the stems need to be.
- Once you have selected the basket, you will need to prepare your floral foam and plastic tray. Dissolve some flower preservative in fresh water before soaking the foam.
- Place the plastic tray in the basket and position the soaked foam on top of it.
- Now you should start by arranging foliage all around the lower rim of the basket to hide the foam.
- Proceed to add mass and focal flowers all the way around the bouquet. Trim the stems as you workThe best flowers include carnations, roses and lilies. The best colours are white or pastel shades.
- Once you are done, you can proceed to fill in the empty spaces with filler flowers and foliage.
Now, all that’s left is to choose the perfect spot for your flower basket. You should place it in an area where it will get lots of attention. You will need to add water to the foam every few days to prevent it from drying out.