Summer flower hat design
The summer season calls for all women to break out their favourite hats. Not only are they perfect for protecting your face from the sun, they also make a great fashion accessory. Whether you want to breathe new life into one of your old summer hats or even create a whole new look, here’s how to create your own summer flower hat.
You will need:
- A summer hat with a medium to wide brim
- Summer flower selection (silk blooms are preferable)
- Hot glue gun
- To create your own summer flower hat, you will need to begin by wrapping a ribbon around the centre.
- Cut off any extra ribbon and use hot glue to secure it in place.
- Trim the stem of your silk flowers. Flatter blooms like daisies or sunflowers are ideal because they will rest directly on the hat rather than at an angle.
- The stems should be as short as possible without causing the flower to lose its petals.
- Apply some hot glue to the base of the stem and stick it on to the hat. You can specifically place this bloom on the part where the two ends of the ribbon meet.
- You can use a single large bloom or one larger flower accompanied by several smaller ones.
Remember, hot glue can take some time to dry so you should hold your materials firmly in place whenever adhering them to your summer flower hat. You can wear this hat the next time you visit the beach, along with your favourite sun dress or whenever you want to really embrace the summer season.