Modern Mother’s Day flower arranging
Do you want to give mum something special and modern this year for Mother’s Day? Here’s how to make a simple bunch of flowers look fantastic with just a few extra items.
You will need:
- Fresh flowers of your choice
- Durable high-quality gift bag (not too tall) with strong handles
- Plastic tub or bag
- Floral foam (optional)
- First,you will need to choose a high-quality gift bag for this arrangement and make sure that it is durable enough to hold a fair amount of weight. The handles on the bag should be firmly fixed in placed so that they don’t rip or tear.
- Remember, your bag should have a rectangular shape (somewhat like a handbag) and it should not be too tall.
- Once your bag is ready, you can place a plastic tub or bowl inside. Some people prefer a tub because it offers greater stability.
- If you are using floral foam,you should trim and add it to the bag before you begin. You should also ensure that your foam is properly soaked.
- Start by adding some focal flowers of your choice. Great options include lilies, roses, peonies, or even gerbera daisies.
- Once your main flowers are trimmed and inserted in the arrangement, you can add a few fillers. Any small flower that is part of the daisy family will make a great filler.
- If you are adding foliage, make sure that you leave space in between for some greenery.
Feel free to add accessories and make sure that you support the base of the arrangement when transporting it. Even if your bag is perfectly stable, you don’t want water to spill or your flowers to fall over.