How to make the perfect cup of chamomile tea
Chamomile flowers are beautiful delicate white blooms that can be used in a number of ways. They can be added as filler flowers to a mixed flower bouquet or you could display them all on their own. Depending on how they are arranged, the vase, and any other flowers included in the arrangement, chamomile flowers can appear simple or quite elegant. They can also, of course, be used to make a deliciously soothing cup of tea. Here’s how to prepare the perfect cup of chamomile tea for yourself or a loved one.
You will need:
- Fresh or dried chamomile flowers
- Boiling water
- Sweetener (optional)
- Place one dessert spoon of the chamomile flowers iin the teapot and add just over a cup of boiling water.
- Allow the flowers to steep for approximately three minutes.
- Strain your tea, add sweetener if desired, and enjoy!
- If you want to make a stronger brew, you can add extra flowers and allow to steep for an additional two minutes.
Drinking chamomile tea offers a number of amazing health benefits over and above its lovely flavour. Chamomile is known for its calming and soothing effect. It makes sense that this is the perfect cup of tea to enjoy before bed time if you are struggling to fall asleep or you are experiencing restlessness at night. Chamomile also soothes and relaxes your mucles. If you have a muscle ache or sore stomach, chamomile can literally calm the pain and discomfort. These flowers have antibacterial properties which is why it’s a great tea to drink when your body is fighting a bacterial infection. Along with anti-flammatory properties, you can also use it to help clear your skin of acne, eczema, and various other skin problems.