Autumn wreath making steps and tips
Autumn is known as a time of transition as we prepare for the colder months of the year. Of course, this does not mean that you cannot enjoy some rich colour in your home. An autumn wreath could be just what you need to spruce up your living room or any other part of your home that could use a splash of colour. Here’s how to make your own wreath using embroidery hoops.
What you need:
- One embroidery hoop for each wreath (you can make as many as you like)
- Acrylic paint
- Floral wire
- Hot glue gun (if you want to create a larger display with several hoops)
- A selection of flowers and foliage
- Start by preparing your embroidery hoop. You will need to paint it a dark shade of green and make sure that it is completely covered. This may require two or more coats.
- Once dry, you can proceed creating your autumn wreath by attaching some foliage as the base for your display. Only cover up to one third of the hoop with foliage. Use floral wire to hold the stems in place.
- Now repeat this wiring process with a few flowers. You don’t need many to create an amazing effect.
- If you like, you can glue three hoops together. They should be different sizes with the largest in the middle. Use your hot glue gun to glue them together once they are all decorated.
- You can hang your hoops with fishing line or you can secure them to one of the walls in your hope. It’s totally up to you where you wish to show them off.
The best part about these autumn wreath designs is the fact that they don’t require too much investment and you can reuse the hoops year after year! Once the flowers and foliage fade, remove them along with the wire. You can reuse them again next year and repeat your design or try something new.