Refreshing summer flower cocktail recipes
When the weather warms and the days get longer, it’s gives us all a reason to spend extra time outside and treating ourselves to some refreshing drinks. Here are a few summer flower cocktail recipes that you and your guests will love this year.
Refreshing fennel flower gin
This is a super simple flower cocktail that only requires a few basic ingredients. It’s also very quick to make and you can whip up a full batch or make a smaller portion if you are trying it out for the first time.
- 1 litre of gin
- 1 cucumber (sliced thinly)
- Zest of two lemons and extra lemons to garnish
- Fennel flowers
- Place the gin, cucumber, part of the fennel flowers and lemon zest together in a jug.
- Cover and allow to infuse for two hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Place ice in your glasses, pour a measure of the gin mixture over the ice
- Top the glass with lemonade
- Garnish with a lemon zest swirl and fennel flowers
This is a bubbly treat and perfect for those who want to take Prosecco to a new level. This flower cocktail recipe requires just a handful of basic ingredients and it’s very quick to make.
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 250ml water
- Sprigs of lavender (only the flowers)
- Sprigs of rosemary (only the leaves)
- Place the rosemary leaves, lavender flowers, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and stir.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve and allow to cool (covered).
- Discard the flowers and leaves.
- Once the syrup is cool, you can pour approximately 25ml into the bottom of a glass before topping it up with Prosecco.
- Serve right away with a sprig of lavender to garnish.
This is a great flower cocktail recipe if you have nasturtium growing in your garden. You will need to prepare in advance so it’s important to read through the ingredient list before you begin.
- 100g fresh nasturtium pods
- Pickled nasturtium seeds
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 100ml white vinegar
For each cocktail:
- 70ml vodka
- 1 Tbsp pickled nasturtium juice
- 1 Tbsp dry vermouth
- Nasturtium flowers to garnish
- Wash your nasturtium seeds thoroughly under cold, running water.
- Place the seeds in a pickling jar with the peppercorns, salt, mustard seeds, vinegar and sugar.
- Close the jar and leave for three days (maximum 6 months)
- When ready to serve, pour the vodka, vermouth and your pickling juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake well before straining into a martini glass.
- Add a handful of pickled nasturtium pods and a couple of flowers to garnish.
These are a few easy and delicious summer flower cocktail recipes that will treat your taste buds as well as those of your guests. These cocktails will make you want to put your feet up, relax and make the most of the pleasant weather.