Popular flower choices and their meanings
When choosing flowers for a friend or loved one, you may wonder which ones are suitable for the occasion. Here are some of the most popular flower choices along with the meanings of these blooms and what type of message they will send to the recipient.
Romantic occasions such as anniversaries and Valentine’s Day always call for grand gestures! Fresh flowers, chocolate, balloons and perhaps even a unique piece of jewellery will certainly make for the perfect date night. If you don’t know what types of blooms to choose, here are some popular flower choices for romance:
- Carnations symbolize love and they are also really long-lasting. They are available in various colours but, for this occasion, you may want to opt for a red bouquet.
- Gardenias represent purity, devotion and love. They are known for their sweet scent and they are especially popular for weddings.
- Lilacs are also known for their lovely scent and they are associated with attraction, affection and love. White lilacs represent purity.
- Peonies are abundant in their petals and beauty. They are the symbol of prosperity, love and a happy marriage. This is what makes them particular suitable for your next anniversary!
- Roses are often thought of as the obvious choice when it comes to romantic blooms. Red roses are the floral definition of romance while pink roses are a less passionate yet loving gesture.
If you want to celebrate a happy occasion like a birthday, somebody’s promotion at work, the arrival of a new baby, or any other event, you have plenty of excellent options. Popular flower choices for happy occasions include:
- Chrysanthemums are available in various colours which means that you can really take your pick. For a truly happy-looking bouquet, opt for warm colours like yellow, red and orange.
- Daffodils are associated with the spring months and, therefore, new life. This is why they are perfect for new mothers.
- Daisies are the symbol of purity as well as innocence. They can be displayed on their own or used as filler flowers in a mixed bouquet.
- Sunflowers are like giant daisies and you only need a few stems to make a grand statement. They are associated with long life, good luck and positivity. If you want to wish somebody well with their new job, for example, these blooms will be perfect!
Celebrate the one you love on any occasion when you send blooms that represent their beauty. Popular flower options that send this type of message include:
- Calla lilies have a lovely scent and a unique appearance. They are the floral representation of beauty as well as faith and purity.
- Gerbera daisies are available in several colours and, while they are associated with beauty, they also represent innocence and purity.
- Orchids are an excellent choice if you really want to impress the lucky recipient. They are associated with virility and strength as well as decadence.
- Tulips will always make the recipient smile. They are available in various colours and they are associated with spring as well as the beauty of paradise.
No matter the occasion you are about to celebrate, there is always a flower that will be just right. If you are not sure which of these popular flower options you should choose, just remember that mixed bouquets are also always an option!