Make flowers with pipe cleaners
Pipe cleaners are no longer just an important tool for pipe smokers but they have become one of the best items for any craft enthusiast to keep in their toolbox. You can make so many different decorative items using pipe cleaners. You can even make flowers!
What you need:
- 3 yellow pipe cleaners
- 1 orange pipe cleaner
- 1 green pipe cleaner
- Glue gun and glue
- To begin, you should fold your yellow pipe cleaners in half and find the mid point of each one.
- Lay all of your yellow pipe cleaners on a flat surface in the shape of a star with these mid points overlapping one another.
- Twist all of the yellow pipe cleaners together at the mid points so that they are secured together.
- Roll each of these pipe cleaners up into the shape of a snail shell and do so in the same direction – to the left or to the right.
- Bend the green pipe cleaner into the shape of the letter ‘J’ and insert into the middle of the yellow pipe cleaners.
- Twist the short green end around the longer portion to secure the stem in place.
- Wine the orange pipe cleaner up into a spiral shape just like the yellow ones but make sure that you leave a straight tail end before wrapping the pipe cleaner around your little finger.
- Compress the orange coil, add some hot glue to the base and secure this orange coil to the middle of your flower.
- Allow the glue to set and that’s all it takes to make flowers using pipe cleaners!
If you want to create different colours, you can choose a yellow interior and different colour petals. You can make flowers in various colours or stick to a single colour scheme if you prefer. Once you are done you can place them in a vase and display wherever you like.