How to make a floral heart
One of the symbols most commonly associated with Valentine’s Day is the heart. As far as gifts are concerned, flowers are the most popular choice for this romantic occasion. If you want to combine these two romantic symbols, you can make your own heart-shaped flower design.
You will need:
- Large sheet of stiff cardboard
- A pair of scissors
- A selection of silk flowers
- Hook, wire or string to hang your display
- Glue gun
- Start by measuring, tracing, and cutting a heart shape out of your cardboard. You will also need to cut a second heart inside the larger heart shape. Leave at least 8cm from the border of the exterior heart to the border of the interior heart. Pop the interior out so that you have a base for your arrangement.
- Now it’s time to trim the stems of your flowers just enough so that they pierce the cardboard.
- Pierce a hole in the cardboard with each stem and secure each flower in place using your glue gun.
- Make sure that you place one flower next to the other so that the cardboard is not visible.
- Once you have covered the entire heart-shaped cardboard base, you can then add a hook or string from which you can hang your beautiful silk flower heart.
- Alternatively, if you don’t want to use it as a hanging arrangement, you can set a vase in the middle with a candle. The reason for using a vase is to protect your flowers from becoming a potential fire hazzard.
Remember to get creative with your flowers and you can always combine colours like red, pink, and white. You can even add some berries or sparkling accessories if you like.