Flower arranging with Stargazer Lilies
If you are new to flower arranging, Stargazer Lilies make it easy! These blooms are large which means that you don’t need a lot of them to create a superb bouquet. You don’t even need to add any other type of flower to the mix which means that you don’t need to worry about choosing the right colour combination either. Here’s how to create a simple yet elegant lily bouquet.
You will need:
– 5 Stargazer lilies
– Tall vase
– Flower food
– A sharp pair of scissors
Steps to follow:
- The key to successful flower arranging is making sure that you have everything you need before you begin. You also need to ensure that your blooms are fresh.
- Start by preparing your vase. You need to wash it thoroughly and rinse out all soap residue.
- Now add water to your vase along with some flower food. Not only does flower food provide the stems with nutrients, but it also helps prevent bacteria from growing in the vase water. Yes, bacteria will eventually grow but at least it slows the process.
- Now take each stem one at a time and take note of which one has the shortest stem. Trim the stems to the same length.
- Make sure that you trim the stems at an angle so that they do not rest flat on the bottom of the vase.
- Place one lily in the middle and add the rest around this middle bloom.
- Now you can add your foliage. Some good examples include lemon leaf and lily grass.
- Add a few stems here and there so that you don’t overcrowd the vase. The last thing you want is to add too many stems since it will crush them and cause your blooms to perish.
- Using two types of foliage will add colour to the bouquet without causing any colour contrast issues.
- Place your bouquet in a spot where it will be protected from the wind and direct sunlight.
A great tip to remember when it comes to flower arranging with Stargazer Lilies is to remove the pollen before you begin creating your bouquet. By doing so, you can extend the life of your flowers and avoid having to clean up the pollen as it falls from the flowers.