Easy fairy garden craft
If you have a broken pot and you don’t know what to do with it, you will love this fun fairy garden ideas! It’s quick, easy and it is certainly unique too. This craft is really flexible in terms of creativity. You can let your own ideas and imagination run wild by adding all sorts of fun accessories.
You will need:
- A ceramic pot with tray
- Potting soil
- Plants and moss
- Suitable adhesive for clay or some sculpting clay
- Cardboard or polystyrene (for stabilising the pot when you break it)
- Accessories for your fairy garden
- The clay pot will need to be broken in order to create a fairy garden. You will need a relatively large pot based on the size of the accessories (like a table with chairs, lighting, etc)
- When you are ready, you can break the pot. Stuff the pot with cardboard or a large piece of polystyrene before you tap the one side with the hammer. You don’t want to break the whole pot. You only want to break one side.
- Secure some of the pieces of the clay pot in an upright position inside the broken pot. Use clay or glue to do this. You want to create an almost spiral effect so that you will have a mini pathway in your fairy garden. The pathway will lead up to an eating or picnic area.
- Now fill the sections that you created with potting soil and make sure that it is a bit damp so that it is more compacted. If the soil is dry, it will be very fine and aerated. This means that it will sink a lot once it settles.
- Use broken bits of the pot to create steps that lead up from the bottom to the top area.
- Add your plants all around. Succulents are an excellent option because they grow slowly and they are easy to care for.
- Add moss in between and around the base.
- Now add the accessories you have chosen for your fairy garden. You can even add fairies if you like! Apart from chairs, tables and lighting, you can also consider things like mushrooms for a pop of colour and to add to the theme.
- Add some fairy lights around the top of the pot for some soft lighting so that you can enjoy this mini garden in the evenings too.
Not only is this fairy garden craft fun, but you will love making them for adults and children alike! Children have a superb imagination and this garden will really come to life for them. It will also give them something to take care of which is excellent for their development.