Cute golf themed floral design
Golf – whether you love or hate it, it’s an international sport that’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Even if you don’t play, you most likely know at least one person who enjoys the game and perhaps even has their own set of clubs. Before you roll your eyes at the thought of this sport, take a moment to allow it to inspire you! The next time your golfing friend celebrates a birthday, what could be more appropriate than a golf-themed flower arrangement?
You will need:
- A bunch of white carnations
- Green, grass-like foliage of your choice
- Plastic grass
- Golf balls
- Golf tees (various colours)
- Clear, glass vase (cylinder shape)
- Start by placing a golf ball in the bottom of the vase. The large the vase, the more golf balls you will need to place in the bottom.
- Surround the golf ball with some colourful tees and add more golf balls to the centre and on top of the tees.
- As you add your golf balls and tees, you should add some plastic grass to hold everything in place.
- Fill the vase with water and make sure that none of the objects float to the top. Your tees should stay down thanks to the weight of the golf balls.
- About two fingers from the top, start arranging your grass-green foliage. The foliage should be places with the stems in the water but they should not be fully submerged.
- Now add your carnations and, necessary, you can use a small block of floral foam to secure them in place in the centre of the arrangement. The fresh green foliage will hide the floral foam and this foam will ensure that your flowers stay hydrated and all secured in place.
- Pair this floral creation with a bottle of the recipient’s favourite drink and you’re all set!