Avoid spending too much on Valentine’s Day flowers and gifts
Valentine’s Day provides the perfect opportunity for couples to demonstrate their affection. It’s not uncommon for couples to shower one another with elaborate gifts but not everyone has an almost limitless budget. Especially around this time of year when finances are just starting to get back to normal after the busy and expensive holiday system.
If you are on a tight budget this Valentine’s Day, here are some tips to make that special someone feel loved without spending a fortune:
- Red roses are the most popular flowers for Valentine’s Day. However, due to the increased demand, the prices can increase a fair amount. You could choose another kind of red flower instead or you could send a more subtle message with a bud arrangement. Bud arrangements consist of a single flower in a slender vase. This way, you can still send a rose without paying a high price.
- Your florist should offer you the option of including a special message on one of their cards. This will save you the time of hunting down the perfect card as well as the added expense. That said, you need to put some time and effort into the message you include. Your message should be original as well as sincere.
- If you want to save money on your dinner plans so that you can spend more on a gift, you could plan a romantic evening at home. Cook or order in, whichever you’re more comfortable with, and light those candles! The private setting allows for an even more intimate and romantic evening.
- You can take it another notch up by preparing a home spa treatment to surprise your Valentine when they get home. Spas might be too expensive and they might not be open at a time that’s convenient for you. Set up scented candles or burn essential oils for aromatherapy. Play soothing background music and dim the lights. Treat your Valentine to a relaxing massage and don’t forget to serve some wine or champagne during the foot rub part of the pamper session.
- Avoid expensive gifts like jewellery if you cannot afford it. Instead, do something memorable like enlarge and frame a photo of the two of you together. Jewellery might not be worn every day but that picture will have a permanent place on display in your home.