Christmas tree design using festive flowers
If you want to display a Christmas tree but you don’t have too much space in your home, you should consider a fresh flower display arranged in this shape. While it might sound tricky, it’s easier than it seems. Here’s what you need and some easy steps to follow.
- Floral foam
- Decorative base
- Red and white flowers
- Christmas tree accessories (optional)
- Start by preparing your floral foam. You will need to cut it into a cone shape in order to create a base for your Christmas tree design.
- Soak the foam and place it in the decorative holder. It can be any colour you like, including green, red, white, black or brown.
- Once secured, it’s time to add your flowers and foliage.
- Trim the stems as you go and start by adding a layer of foliage around the base of the display.
- Add white and red blooms (roses, lilies and carnations are some top examples) and alternate between these two colours all the way around.
- Work layer by layer until you reach the top.
- Leave some small gaps in between the flowers so that you can fill them with foliage in the end.
- Add accessories if you like. Even if you don’t want to add large accessories, you could always sprinkle glitter over the tree before displaying it in your home.
Not only does this Christmas tree look amazing on side tables in various rooms, but you could even use it as your festive centrepiece! Create some mini Christmas presents and place them around the base of your tree to complete the festive tablescape look. Remember, if you want to use this display year after year, you could always choose silk flowers instead of fresh blooms. Just be sure to store them safely after the holidays and keep them away from heat and direct sunlight.