Peony flower arrangement step by step
If you love peonies, you will really enjoy making your own peony flower arrangement. These flowers only have a very short bloom cycle which means that you should make the most of them while they are in season. Here you will find an easy step by step guide to creating your very own peony bouquet.
What you need:
- A short and wide vase
- Hairpin frog (this will hold the stems in place)
- 20 – 30 peonies (this will depend on the size of your vase)
- 5 – 8 sweet peas
- A few bunches of hypericum berries
- You will need to start by preparing your vase. It should be properly cleaned before you begin.
- You will need to secure the hairpin frog in place at the bottom of the vase. You can use floral clay to hold the frog in place and prevent it from scratching the vase.
- Add floral food to your water and pour into the vase. It needs to be thoroughly dissolved before you proceed creating your peony flower arrangement.
- You will need to condition your stems so that they absorb water properly and last as long as possible.
- To condition your steps, you need to trim them to the correct length and make sure that you cut them at an angle.
- Insert each stem as soon as it is cut and secure it in place before proceeding to the next one.
- Once all of your peonies are arranged, you need to add your sweet peas in between. Again, trim the stems as you go.
- Next, you can add your berries here and there.
- Once you are done, you can display your peony flower arrangement anywhere you like. Just make sure that it is not in the sun or near any source of heat or air conditioner.
- To maintain your arrangement, you will need to empty the vase water every couple of days and add clean water with flower food.
As you can see, a pretty peony flower arrangement is not complicated or difficult to create yourself. You can even use these steps to create other arrangements. Once you have all the supplies you need, you can get creative with all the flowers you love!