How to make a crown of flowers
Summer is the perfect time to make the most of every single gorgeous flower that nature has to offer! You can use them to decorate your home, office, or even act as an accessory to your outfit! Here’s how you can make your very own floral crown in a matter of minutes.
You will need:
- 6 sunflowers (or more depending on the size of the crown you’re making)
- A pair of scissors
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Ribbon (optional)
- You need to start by creating a solid base on which to create your design. This means that you need to wrap the floral wire around your head about three or four times and remember not to make it too tight because you need space for your floral tape and to attach your flowers.
- Tape the ends of the wire together with floral tape so that they don’t scratch you or get stuck in your hair.
- Now it’s time for the flowers. You can use fresh flowers or artificial flowers, depending on personal preference.
- Cut the stems so that you have just a few inches from the base of the flower.
- Place the stem directly onto the wire before securing it with floral tape. If you are particularly worried about the flowers falling off, you can secure them with some floral wire and then conceal the wire with some tape.
- If you have flowers of various sizes, you should alternate between the larger and smaller ones to create a balanced result.
- If you like, you can add some ribbon to complete the design. The ribbon should be attached to the back of the crown so leave that space empty. Wrap your ribbon around the wire, maybe tie a bow and let the two long ends trail down. The length of the ribbon will depend on the length of your hair and your personal preferences of course.
- If you are using fresh flowers, make sure that you store your floral crown in a cool place like the fridge until you are ready to wear it.