Important tips when working with silk flowers
In some ways, working with silk blooms is similar to working with fresh ones. It is important, however, to understand that there are a number of pros and cons of choosing silk flowers. By knowing what to expect, it will help you make the right choice.
- Silk flowers are fairly reasonably priced. Even if they are a bit more expensive, it can be worthwhile in the end.
- Provided they are properly cared for, silk flowers can look great for years. This means that they offer great value for money.
- You will not need to worry about watering your flowers or looking out for any wilted blooms. They require very little care and you probably only need to dust them from time to time.
- They are an excellent choice for those with allergies.
- You do not need to trim the stems but, if you need shorter once, you can cut them.
- Silk flowers are usually the same price throughout the year. So, unlike fresh flowers, you don’t need to wait for a particular season.
- There are some cheap artificial flowers on the market and they look terribly unnatural.
- Cheap artificial flowers do not last long because they will start to fall apart.
- Larger silk flowers of a reasonable to high quality can fetch a fairly high price.
- You will need to clean your silk flowers in order to prevent them from looking tacky.
- The colours of these flowers will fade if they are exposed to extreme eat or direct sunlight.
- They don’t offer the same fresh scent of real flowers.
When shopping for silk flowers, remember to take your time to consider both quality and price. Your local and online florists will have a number of lovely options from which to choose. You may also find some at your nearby craft shop. That said, craft shops are usually where you can find both high and low quality artificial flowers so pay close attention! If you want a silk flower arrangement that looks great, you might even prefer to order a ready made bouquet from your florist. Many florists offer silk bouquets for various occasions which is why it’s worth considering if you don’t want to do all the arranging yourself.