Halloween wreath design DIY
Halloween is upon us and it’s time to start planning snacks and decorations. Wreaths are especially popular this time of year, as are candies. So why not combine the two by creating your own sweetH Halloween wreath?
What you need:
- A wreath base from wire, vines, or floral foam
- Paper or artificial flowers
- Floral wire
- Glue gun
- Halloween-themed chocolates and sweets (they need to be individually wrapped)
- Ribbon and spooky accessories
- To being making your Halloween wreath, you will need to prepare bundles of flowers and sweets. You can use floral wire to secure these bundles together.
- Once the stems have been attached to wire and you have glued your sweets in place too, you can start attaching them to the wreath base.
- If you use a vine wreath, you do not need to cover the entire base. However, if you use a wire base, you want to make sure that it is completely concealed by your flowers and sweet treats.
- Once you are happy with the appearance of the wreath, you can proceed to add some spooky accessories. Some ideas include ghosts, skeletons and spiders. You can secure them in place with floral wire.
- Finally, you can add a ribbon to the bottom of the wreath before hanging it in the appropriate spot.
- Remember, when selecting flowers for your design, you should opt for the right colours such as orange, black and white. Black might not be available naturally, so artificial flowers are usually the popular option.
It’s also a good idea to have some extra sweets tucked away so that you can restock your Halloween wreath as needed. Make sure that sweets are always removed carefully so as not to cause any damage to the blooms in the process.