Fun floral hair clips for Halloween
When choosing your Halloween outfit, it’s not only about the clothes you wear. More often than no, it’s the accessories you choose that really make or break your look. One quick and easy way of ensuring that you get the right message across is by wearing the right hair accessories. Floral clips are fantastic for so many occasions and Halloween is certainly no exception! You need not even buy them. With just a few household items, you can make them yourself at a fraction of the price!
The first thing you need to do is plan your design or designs. You might want to make more than one for different outfits that you may wear on the day. For example, if your place of work doesn’t really allow for you to get dressed up, you can at least add a hair clip to get into the Halloween mood. This clip might need to conform to certain colour schemes or dress codes as outlined by company policy so it may end up a bit more subtle than the type of clip you’d wear to a fun dress up party.
Some great ideas for making your own Halloween floral hair clips include:
- Use an orange daisy-like flower, top with a black ribbon in a cross shape and place a white button in the middle.
- Use a white flower base with a black decorative ribbon in a cross shape and top with a yellow button.
- Use an orange flower with pumpkin picture in the middle.
- Make a black and white flower with one layer of black petals, one layer of white petals on top, a black and white ribbon in the shape of a cross and top with a yellow button.
- Use a black flower with black and white ribbon and top with a white button in the middle.
Once your floral design is complete, it’s time to attach it to your favourite clip or hairpin. The type of clip you choose will depend on the size and weight of the flower. The heavier the flower, the larger the clip should be in order to offer full support. If you’re not a fan of clips, you could even opt for a hairband or headband design instead. Make sure that you glue your flower in place and allow it to dry completely before wearing your new design!