Festive soap design with flowers
The festive season gives us a wonderful reason to go all out and decorate our homes from top to bottom. Decorations do not need to be extravagant, however. They can be subtle and they don’t need to make your home feel cluttered either. Something as simple as festive soap can brighten up areas like bathrooms without taking up any extra space.
You will need:
- Artificial or pressed festive flowers
- Clear melt and pour base
- Essential oils to give your soap a lovely fragrance. You will need 0.25 ounces of oil for every pound of pour base and melt.
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
- Soap molds
- Microwave safe glass bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Ribbon and tulle or a pretty container
- Before you starting making your festive soap, ensure that you have all of the materials listed above.
- Place the pour base and melt into the glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave the melt and pour base for one minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir to ensure that any solid pieces melt completely.
- Add your essential oils to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour a small amount of the melted mixture into your molds and allow to stand for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Next, you will need to add a flower to each of your soaps. If they are very small, you can add more than one. Press them gently into the firm (but not hard) soap mixture.
- Spray some rubbing alcohol on the soaps to allow any bubbles to escape.
- Top up your molds with the melted mixture.
- Spray the tops of the soaps with rubbing alcohol again.
- Set aside and allow your soap to harden completely.
- Once hardened, remove from the molds and place them in some tulle with a ribbon or a pretty container.
Festive soap is not only great for decorating your own home, but also to present to your friends and family as gifts. Remember, if you want your soaps to last the longest, you should opt for artificial flowers. Fresh flowers will lose their appeal to a large extend once pressed and they can also be a bit more delicate which makes them difficult to work with.