Easy Valentine’s Day centrepiece
Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a fun Valentine’s Day dinner party for several guests, it’s the perfect opportunity to practice your flower arranging skills! This arrangement requires silk flowers although you can use fresh flowers if you prefer. Silk flowers mean that you can make this display in advance and it will last that much longer than fresh flowers. Of course, it depends on personal preference and budget.
You will need:
- A selection of light and dark pink silk roses
- A hollow ring of floral foam
- A clear, cylindrical glass vase that will fit in the centre
- A white candle
- A tray to support your arrangement.
- Accessories like heart picks (optional)
- Choose two types of pink roses for this arrangement.
- When you choose your tray to hold the arrangement, make sure that it’s not too large. You don’t want it to stick out once your flowers are in place.
- Place the floral foam on the tray and start adding flowers to the lowest edge of the foam to conceal the tray.
- Trim each stem just before inserting it and remove any leaves too.
- Complete the lower ring of flowers using your darker roses and remember to make sure that each flower faces outwards.
- Now add a top layer of lighter flowers and trim the stems as you go. You will need to position these flowers in a somewhat outwards and upwards direction so that they conceal the foam.
- Add another layer of flowers to the inner edge of the foam. This will help give the arrangement a round appearance while concealing the inner margin of the foam.
- Once you are all set, you can place the candle in the vase and add it to the centre of the arrangement.
- If you like, you can also add some accessories to emphasize the Valentine’s Day theme.
- Light the candle when you are ready to wow your guests!