Autumn flower ball design
If you want to spruce up your interior décor this season but you don’t want to take up too much space, you should consider making your own autumn flower ball. These designs are easy to make and you can hang them from the ceiling so you don’t have to worry about taking up space on tables. Better yet, you don’t have to worry about pets or children bumping over your bouquet.
What you need:
- A selection of autumn blooms (make sure you choose larger, open flowers like daisies, chrysanthemums and carnations)
- Round sphere of floral foam
- Decorative fabric ribbon
- Before you start making your autumn flower ball, you need to decide whether you wish to use fresh flowers or silk blooms. If you use fresh ones, you will need to soak the floral foam ball before you begin. It will also make the arrangement heavier so you need to make sure that you have a strong enough ribbon to hold its weight and a sturdy place from which to suspend the ball.
- Next, wrap the ribbon around the ball in a cross shape. So, you wrap it around the ball and then cross the ends over to bring them back up to the top on the opposite sides of the ball. Tie them at the top and then use the rest of the ribbon to create a loop.
- Now you are ready to add your flowers. The best colours for any autumn-themed arrangement include red, orange, yellow and dark green. You can also add off-white and plum accents.
- Trim each stem at an angle to make them easier to insert into the foam. The stems should be no longer than half the diameter of the foam ball.
- Start by lining the foam next to where the ribbon rests. Allow the petals to overlap the ribbon at least to the halfway mark. By placing blooms on either side of the ribbon, they will completely conceal it.
- Next up, you will need to fill in the areas in the middle until the entire ball is filled.
- Once you are done, all that’s left is to hang your floral ball in a spot where you can show off your beautiful creation.
Don’t forget to keep your autumn flower ball in a spot out of the sun and wind. This way, you can be sure that they will stay fresh and intact. In addition, if you are using fresh flowers, you can mist your arrangement every few days to keep them looking their best.