How to make rolled paper roses
If you love flower crafts and you love roses, then this is the perfect craft for you! These paper roses can be made in any colour and you could even use decorative paper if you like. You could even make an entire bunch of these paper flowers and display them in a glass or homemade vase.
You will need:
- A4 sheet of paper (colour of your choice)
- Pair of scissors
- Wooden skewer
- Clear tape or glue gun
- Start by using a paper plate or something with a similar size to trace a large circle on your paper.
- Now use that circle as a guide and draw a spiral from the outside to the centre of the circle.
- Cut along the lines to create a spiral of paper.
- Wrap the outermost end of the paper spiral around the tip of a skewer and wrap it around a few times. Once you have a solid centre, remove the skewer and continue wrapping the paper around to form your rose.
- Now glue the loose end down to hold it in place.
- Once the glue dries, you can slide a wooden skewer through the centre and either tape or glue it in place.
- If you’d like, you could paint your skewer green before inserting it. You could even add some glitter if you want to give your flowers some sparkle.
Enjoy this bunch of flowers yourself or spoil somebody special with a sentimental gift. You could even add chocolate to the centre of the flowers and let your kids help you too while you’re at it.