Make your own floral canvas
Floral décor goes so much further than fresh flowers in a decorative vase. There are so many ways of making your own floral artwork and you don’t need to be an expert artist to get this right! Here’s how to transfer a floral photo onto a canvas.
You will need:
- Flower image of your choice (printed on regular paper)
- Canvas (preferably framed)
- Mod podge
- Bowl of water
- Soft sponge
- Prepare your flower image according to the size of your canvas. If you like, you can allow the image to overlap and cover the sides of the frame.
- Once your image is ready, use your paintbrush to apply mod podge to the canvas. Make sure that you apply plenty of mod podge so that it gets in all the little holes.
- Place your image, face down, on the canvas and gently smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles but take care not to move the image or press too hard.
- Allow your canvas to rest on a flat surface for at least 24 hours.
- Check to make sure that it’s dry before you continue.
- Use the sponge to apply water to the paper and then gently rub it off.
- Don’t rub too hard or you will end up removing pieces of the image.
- Once you are happy with the result, allow it to dry.
- Inspect your dry image for any milky spots. Apply some water to these spots and gently rub off the fine layer of paper that was left behind.
- Allow to dry and display anywhere in your home!