Make a bouquet with one type of flower
While some might say that flower arrangements should include several types of flowers, others understand the glorious beauty of bouquets that consist of a single type of bloom. Apart from the beauty, this floral designing approach is also ideal for beginners because of its simplicity.
- Flowers of your choice
- Sharp scissors
- A vase to suit your flowers
- Cool water with flower food
- Choose your vase before selecting your flowers. The size of the vase, its shape, and the size of the mouth will determine the best flowers to use. It will also help you choose the right amount of flowers for your display.
- Take a moment to inspect each of your flowers and check for damaged petals, stems, or anything else that could compromise the quality of the display.
- Fill your vase with some cool water and allow the flower preserve to dissolve.
- Trim the extra leaves off the stems. Any leaves that end up below the water in the vase will only cause bacteria to form at a faster rate.
- Now, lay your flowers out on the table and fan them out in the shape of an arch.
- Cup your hands to create a dome.
- Scoop the flowers together from either side. You can use a rubber band to hold the stems in place if you like.
- Hold the stems together and make any necessary adjustments to create that rounded appearance.
- Check the length of your flower stems next to the vase and trim the stems as needed.
- Now place the flowers into the vase and allow them to gently fall into place. You will need to remove the rubber band.
- Enjoy the beauty of your bouquet and be sure to change the water every few days to keep your blooms fresh.