How to make a baby’s breath bouquet
Baby’s breath is often thought of as a filler flower and is usually paired with roses, carnations and similar blooms. This, however, is not the only way in which these small, white blooms can be used. When you bundle them together just right, they make a stunning floral display all on their own. To make your own baby’s breath bouquet, you will need a few basic supplies.
- 2 bunches of baby’s breath
- Floral shears
- Floral tape
- Decorative ribbon
- Start by separating the stems so that they are easier to work with. Remove the lower floral stems so that each stem is cleaner and so that you can create a rounded bouquet.
- Once all of your stems are ready, it’s time to arrange them. Start with three in the middle. Add more stems around the edge and continue to do so until you reach the appropriate size. Two bunches of baby’s breath can create a medium-sized bouquet. If you want something larger, you will need an extra bunch or two.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape. Even though the tape does not seem sticky, it does stick to itself. This is why you need to make sure that you overlap it as you wrap them.
- Now you can add the final finishing touch – the ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the stems to conceal the floral tape. Secure in place and then make a bow.
- Trim all of the stems so that they are all equal.
- Keep your bouquet in fresh water until you are ready to deliver it. If you are planning on using this bouquet for your wedding, you should also keep it in water until you walk down the isle.