How to decorate a basket with flowers
Flowers can be used to decorate our homes in so many wonderful ways. One great craft that everyone should try at least once, is to create gorgeous baskets with flowers. You don’t need a long list of supplies and it does not take too long to decorate a basket with flowers using these easy steps.
- 1 woven basket
- Artificial blooms (small flowers are best)
- Sharp scissors
- Glue gun
- Floral wire and accessories (optional)
- Begin making your basket with flowers by preparing and cleaning the basket. You want to make sure that it is not damaged. If there are any loose pieces, not to worry. You can glue them back in place because the repairs will be concealed by the flowers.
- Prepare your flowers by trimming the stems as short as possible without causing the flowers to fall apart. The larger your basket and the smaller the flowers, the more blooms you will need.
- When you have a large quantity of flowers prepared, you can start gluing them in place. Apply a small amount of hot glue to the basket. Start with the lowest part and create a rim around the base of the basket.
- Continue by applying another layer. Take care NOT to line the flowers up. You want them to overlap slightly but not too much.
- Secure flowers to the entire surface of the basket, including the top rim,
- Depending on the type of handle or handles on the basket, you can add flowers here too or you can use ribbons to decorate them.
- When you are done, you can add accessories as you wish. These can be secured with floral wire.
Once your basket with flowers is ready, you can add a filler material along with some Easter chocolates, painted eggs or just about anything you like!