Flower cone DIY instructions and tips
A flower cone is a fun DIY project that will allow you to bring life and colour to so many more areas of your home. You can hang them on doors, walls and windows around your home as you please. The best part of all is that you can really let your creativity run wild and, once you get the hang of it, you can great them in various sizes too!
What you need
- Colourful paper (medium-weight)
- Decorative scissors
- Hole punch
- Flowers of your choice
- Cut your paper into a 7-inch square.
- Use decorative scissors to give your flower cone a beautiful top edge.
- Use a pencil to form the bottom tip of the cone.
- Roll into a cone shape and secure in place using glue.
- Punch six holes (approximately 1 inch apart from one another) around the top of the cone.
- Thread a ribbon through the holes and tie a bow in the front. Leave a 7-inch loop at the back for hanging.
- Now you can fill the cone with flowers of your choice. Fresh flowers might not be the best option unless you only want them to last for a day. Silk flowers or dried flowers are a better option for long-lasting floral displays.
When creating a flower cone, you can choose a different colour based on the event or occasion you are celebrating. For example, for Halloween, you might like a black cone to hold orange flowers. For Christmas you can play around with red, green and white. There are so many amazing ideas out there. All you need to do is look around for flowers online and you’ll have plenty of inspiration at your fingertips. Don’t forget, these make excellent gifts too!