DIY planter with wooden sticks
If you are feeling particularly creative and you want to make something practical, you should try your hand at making your very own DIY planter with wooden sticks! All you need is a very basic supplies and some imagination. Here’s your supplies list and instructions to follow.
- 2 ½ inch wooden sticks (or old ice cream sticks) to create the planter
- Hot glue gun
- Pair of scissors
- Hand drill
- Paint and paint brush
- Masking tape
- One small twig
- Place an uneven number of sticks next to one another. Make sure that they are not perfectly lined up. The one in the middle should be lowest with the sticks on either side gradually reaching higher.
- Use the masking tape to hold your sticks together.
- Repeat this with another batch of sticks and tape them together
- Use you sharp pair of scissors to trim the base and make it straight. So, only one side will be straight and the other side will be uneven as described in the first step.
- Once your two panels are trimmed (they will be come the front and back of your planter) take two sticks and trim off both round ends of each of them.
- Use the hot glue to secure these two pieces to one another side by side. This will create the base.
- Attach the front and back pieces to the base with hot glue.
- Place three (or more if you made a larger planter) sticks side by side and line them up. Stick them together with masking tape.
- Measure and mark them to create two equal side panels.
- Now cut one rounded end off two sticks and drill a small hole in the remaining rounded ends of each. And glue them to either side of the planter.
- Paint your planter any colour or colours you like.
- Insert the twig into the two opposite holes so that you can pick your planter up and move it easily if and when needed.
- Now you can add your potting soil and mini plants!
This planter craft can be adapted to create different sizes and different designs. Whether you want to use fresh plants or artificial plants, you can be sure that the planter will look amazing!