Decorate your Christmas tree with flowers
Flowers have been used to decorate our homes for many years. Not only do they make wonderful gifts for all occasions, but they also help brighten up every room. Many people think of colourful globes, bells, and even artificial snow when it comes to decorating their Christmas tree. What some might not think about is how flowers can be used to make a Christmas tree even more festive.
- Candy cane lilies
- Clear glass or plastic ball ornaments
- Pair of scissors
- Ornament wire
- Artificial snow (canned)
- For every lily, you will need one clear glass or plastic ball ornament.
- Artificial lilies are best because they do not perish and they will last for years.
- Trim the stem of the lily so that it is only 2 to 3 inches long.
- Remove the cap on top of the ball ornament. A pen can be used to widen the hole at the top of the cap.
- Fill the globe halfway with clean water and place the cap back on to make sure it can support the weight of the water.
- Spray the exterior of the ball ornament with the canned snow.
- Put the stem inside the ball through the hole at the top of the cap.
- Make sure that the stem is submerged in water.
- Use the wire to fasten the ornament to the branch.
- Make as many as you like.
- Replace the water every few days.