Creating a rose and lily bouquet
Lilies and roses make a fabulous pair. Their scents, colours, and textures compliment one another beautifully. Making your own rose and lily bouquet need not be a chore. Here are some easy steps to follow.
- 5 large roses
- 4 lily stems
- 3 gerbera daisies
- 3 chrysanthemums
- 5 palm leaves
- Hard ruscus
- Lilies are known for making a bit of a mess when their pollen falls. For this reason, if any of your lilies are open, you should start by removing the stamens.
- Remove all thorns from your roses as well as any leaves that will end up below the water level of the vase.
- Place one lily and some ruscus together to create the focal point for the bouquet.
- Add roses around the flower and foliage and space them evenly apart.
- Add three sections of chrysanthemums and space them apart equally.
- Continue adding filler flowers and foliage in between around the bouquet.
- While adding the filler plant material, you can add your gerberas too.
- Now add more lilies and finish off with the palm leaves.
- If you are presenting the bouquet as a gift, you will need to secure the stems with a rubber band, string, or tape. You may want to wrap them up using some decorative paper too.
- If the bouquet is for yourself, you can place it in a vase and enjoy!