How to create a spring centrepiece
Spring is the perfect season for enjoying nature’s greatest gift. Fresh flowers are abundantly in bloom and you can quite literally take your pick from a whole bunch of beauties! If you want to make a gorgeous spring centrepiece, here’s how to do just that with a few basic supplies.
You will need:
- 8 inch floral foam posy frame
- Tray to hold the floral foam
- A selection of spring flowers like hyacinths, tulips, and ranuculus
- Twigs or something similar
- The first thing you need to do is soak your oasis in fresh water. When you no longer see any bubbles in the water, you’ll know it’s fully soaked.
- Place the floral foam on the tray so that you don’t wet the table.
- Wrap a long twig around the outer rim of the floral foam.
- Add short twigs to the top and sides of the foam. You want to create a nest-like design so you can leave the centre empty for flowers.
- Now add the flowers and, remember, you will need shorter stems rather than long stems.
- The flowers in the middle will need to be taller while those closer to the rim should be shorter. This will help create a rounded dome shape.
- Continue adding flowers until all the foam is concealed.
Enjoy this centrepiece yourself, use it to decorate a table for a special event, or present it as a gift! No matter what, you can be certain that it will brighten any room.