Bath bomb recipe and how to make your own
There is nothing better than running a hot bath and taking a long soak. Well, there is one thing that can make this experience better – a sweet-scented bath bomb! Now, before you rush off to buy one (or more), you should know that they are not difficult to make yourself. Here is an easy bath bomb recipe for you to follow.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp essential oil of your choice
- 3 tsp water
- 2 – 3 drops food colouring to colour your bath bomb
- To begin making your bath bomb, you need to combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Now combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk while mixing.
- It is normal for the mixture to clump. Just keep mixing and adding the liquid until all of your ingredients are in the same bowl.
- Continue mixing until the mixture is completely combined.
- Now fill your molds. You want to slightly overfill each half and press them down as much as possible.
- Fix the two pieces of the mold together and make sure that they click in place.
- Allow to dry overnight or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the mold and use the next time you take a relaxing soak!
This bath bomb recipe is really flexible because it allows you to choose from a wide selection of scents and colours. You can even add rose petals along with rose essential oil to make your bathing experience that much more luxurious. Since Mother’s Day is coming up, this recipe can come in handy for those homemade gifts too.