Affordable wedding flowers and shopping tips
If you are looking for affordable wedding flowers, you are in luck! This time of year, there are plenty of options available and your florist should be able to put together some spectacular bouquets that will not cost you an arm and a leg. Here are some tips to help you save money.
Fresh flower tips
When selecting affordable wedding flowers, here’s what you need to look for:
- Ask your florist to point out flowers that are currently in season.
- Plan your budget based on the types of flowers you want as well as the number and size of your bouquets.
- Avoid planning your wedding around certain occasions, like Valentine’s Day, when fresh flowers are usually more expensive.
- Consider adding herbs to your fresh flower arrangements. Not only are they beautiful, but they are known for being a lot more affordable too.
- Look for flowers that are known for being cheaper. These include chrysanthemums, carnations and baby’s breath. They will have an amazing effect without breaking the bank.
- Use your flashy focal flowers sparingly. They are known for being more expensive which is why you want to limit them to one, three or five in an arrangement – depending on the size of the bouquet. An uneven number of focal flowers is best and you don’t need a lot of them to have an amazing effect.
- Repurpose your arrangements. How can you do this? Well, you can have some trusted helpers move bouquets from your ceremony location to the reception before everyone gets there. You will need to assign them this duty ahead of time so that they know exactly what to do and where to go.
- Keep your floral displays simple. There is no need to overthink things. As they say – less is more!
Some non-floral ideas
While you can save money by choosing affordable wedding flowers, you can also save by opting for non-floral accessories.
- Use lanterns, books or candles to help decorate your tables instead of sticking strictly to flowers.
- Fresh fruit is another great option for decorating tables without spending too much money. Like flowers, try to look for seasonal fruit so that you don’t end up spending more than you should.
- Be selective with your venue. If you can, choose a spot that already has an authentic decorative flare to it. If the venue is completely bare, you will need to work that much harder to make it beautiful.
These are just a few ways in which you can enjoy the most affordable wedding flowers without even letting on that you are on a tight budget. Don’t be afraid to ask your florist for their best prices or discounts.