When you want to add colour and style to a room without spending too much money or taking up too much space, you should consider a bud flower arrangement. This style of flower arranging is simple, affordable and a great place to begin if you are new to flower arranging. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating these types of floral displays.
- Bud vase
- Focal flowers (roses are great)
- Filler flowers (baby’s breath works well)
- A sprig or two of foliage
- Before you start planning the design of your bud flower arrangement, you need to select the vase. These vases generally have a slightly wider base with a narrower neck and a flared brim. The more slender the neck, the fewer stems it will be able to accommodate.
- When selecting the focal flowers, make sure that you only use an uneven number. So, you will need one or three stems. The larger the flower, the fewer stems you will need. For instance, if you use roses, you may need three stems. If you use gerbera daisies, a single stem will do the trick.
- Once your vase is clean and you have added water with flower preserve, it’s time to arrange your stems.
- Start by trimming the stems of your focal flowers and place them in the middle.
- Now add a few filler flowers but take care not to overdo it.
- Finally, add a touch of foliage. You will only need a stem or two and you may want these stems to be taller than the rest of the arrangement if you place them at the back of display.
Your beautiful bud flower arrangement is now ready to be displayed. These small vases will fit in any room of your home and even in your office. If you are looking for a way to add colour to small spaces like your bathroom, this is the perfect solution.