Easter is a beautiful time of year and, like many other occasions, it gives us all the perfect reason to decorate our homes. If you are still looking for fun decorative ideas, you should really give this Easter wreath a try. While the steps bellow explain how to create this wreath, remember that you can get even more creative with the accessories.
You will need:
- One large twig wreath base
- Burlap ribbon or fabric cut into wide strips
- Accessories like plastic eggs
Steps to follow:
- To make your Easter wreath, you will need to begin with the base. The best part about using a twig base is that you don’t have to completely conceal it like you would a wire base.
- Start by attaching strips of burlap to the twig wreath. Attach the one end to the centre of the wreath and then crimp and twist the ribbon before attaching the other end to the exterior. Do this all the way around until your wreath is covered.
- Now for the fun part – accessories! You can secure plastic eggs to your wreath using hot glue or wire. You can also add birds, butterflies, silk flowers and anything that suits the spring season.
- If you want to make it extra interesting and you plan on displaying your wreath indoors, you can attach sweets and chocolates too! Just make sure that they are individually wrapped and secure them carefully to the wreath.
- You can also create something fun to hang in the middle of the wreath. Consider making a Happy Easter sign and attaching it to the top of the interior of your wreath. Alternatively, you can hang a decorative bow or anything you feel will complete the design.
There you have it! In just a few simple steps, you too can create your very own Easter wreath. Another great thing about this craft is that you can make it according to the size you need. All you need to do is choose the appropriate size base and you’re good to go!