If you want to display your winter flowers in style, you need the perfect flower vase in which you can show them off. Choosing the right flowers is only half the battle won. You need to make sure that the vase you use suits your blooms. When decorating this season, don’t just think about the holidays. Consider the season as a whole. Winter lasts all the way until the end of February and, by this time, the festive season is long gone. Here is an easy craft for you to make your own winter vase.
Supplies for your flower vase:
- Empty bottles of wine (remove the labels)
- White spray paint
- Liquid glue
- Epsom salts
- Foam brush
How to make a winter flower vase:
- First, you want to ensure that your bottle or bottles are completely clean and dry. You don’t want any adhesive or dirt left behind since it will affect the end result.
- The next step should be done outside or in an area that is properly ventilated. You will need to apply white spray paint to the entire exterior surface of your bottles. You may want to protect your work surface with some newspaper too. This step in the process can get quite messy.
- Allow the paint to dry for about 4 hours and, if necessary, apply another coat of white spray paint. You might need to let the bottle dry overnight for best results.
- Next, you can give your flower vase some texture. Apply some liquid glue to the bottle with your foam brush.
- Roll the bottle in the Epsom salts while the glue is still wet. Make sure that there is a thick layer of salts on the entire lower surface of the bottle. You don’t have to decorate the bottle neck if you don’t want to.
- Allow your flower vase or vases to set and dry before you add water and flowers of your choice.
Once you are done making your beautiful winter flower vase, you can enjoy it anywhere in your home. You can even spruce it up with accessories like ribbons and various lightweight winter-themed charms.