Gerbera daisies are beautiful flowers that can have an amazing impact with minimal effort. Even as bud arrangements, these flowers are big and colourful enough to steal the show all on their own. If you order a bouquet of gerbera daisies or you receive a fresh flower delivery, it’s important to know how to care for them and keep them fresher for longer. Here are some flower care tips:
When your bouquet of gerberas arrives, it’s important that they get some fresh water right away. Follow these flower care steps when you receive the flower delivery:
- Remove any packaging.
- Place the flowers in fresh water.
- Prepare your vase by cleaning it thoroughly, adding water and flower food.
- Trim each flower stem one by one. If possible, try to do so underwater so that air bubbles don’t enter the stem.
- Remember to cut the stems at an angle.
- Remove excess leaves and any that might end up below the waterline.
- Place your freshly trimmed flower in the vase as soon as it is ready.
Choosing the Perfect Spot
It’s important to display your flowers in the perfect spot. Not only so that you can appreciate them, but you also need to take care not to put them anywhere that might cause them to perish early. Places to avoid include:
- In direct sunlight.
- Near a fireplace, radiator or heater.
- Near an air conditioner or fan.
- In a draughty spot.
Continued Flower Care
Now it’s time for regular maintenance. You can help keep your gerbera bouquet beautiful for longer by following these steps:
- Top up the vase water as needed.
- Replace the vase water every couple of days or as soon as you notice it starts to become cloudy.
- Add more flower food every time you add water.
- Trim the stems again every few days to provide them with a clean surface for absorption.
- Remove dead or dying flowers and foliage immediately.
- If most of the flowers have perished and you only have a few left, you can place them in a smaller vase or create several bud arrangements.
These tips will allow you to make the most of every flower in your gerbera bouquet. From the moment the flower delivery arrives to the day the last flower begins to wilt, gerbera daisies will make your environment that much richer and they will certainly have a positive effect on your mood.