Flower arrangements do not always need to rest on your tables. Hanging arrangements can be both practical and attractive. They are also quite easy to make and you will not need too many supplies. Here’s how to make your very own hanging autumn flower display.
You will need:
- Wooden dowel for the base of the design
- Flowers and foliage of your choice
- Floral wire (green)
- Floral tape (green)
- Sharp scissors
- Fishing line and crimp tubes
- Start by attaching fishing line to each end of the dowel. Use the crimp tubes and your pliers to secure the fising line in place. Keep the line as long as possible. You can always adjust the height of the arrangement and trim the line once you are done.
- Now wrap some foliage around the dowel. It is best if you have some autumn leaves attached to a kind of vine. This will make them easier to work with. If not, you can make your own by using floral wire to secure leaves to a fine or even some thick twine. Remember, you can use fresh leaves or artificial leaves.
- Add some dusty green foliage here and there. Secure each stem using floral wire.
- Now you can hang the arrangement to make it easier to work with.
- Add your flowers. You can use fresh flowers or artificial flowers. Even if you use silk foliage, you can still use fresh flowers and simply replace them when you feel that it’s necessary. When adding each flower, trim the stem and attach some floral wire to the stem. Cover the wire with floral tape to make it look more natural. Wrap the step around the drowel to fix the flower in place.
- Make sure that some of your flowers are facing up, others down, and others out to the sides. You need not use too many flowers. This arrangement is more about the foliage than anything else.