Decoupage is a wonderful technique that can be used to decorate items and even create decorative items. You can even make your own decoupage sculptures by using a few basic items and a touch of creativity.
You will need:
- Mod podge
- Flower images
- Paint brush
- Damp cloth
- Inflate your balloon to the size you would like.
- Prepare all of your flower images and plan your design to a certain degree put prepare for some changes along the way.
- Use a paint brush to apply some mod podge to the back of the flower image and place it on your balloon. Do this with each flower and make sure that they overlap one another. You don’t need to cover the entire surface of the balloon. You can leave gaps in between or simply leave the top open. The design and amount of coverage is up to you.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe your hands if they get sticky.
- Once you have applied all of your flowers, you need to let it set.
- You can reinforce your design with additional layers of mod podge. Let each layer dry before you apply the next.
- Once dry and completely set, you can pop the balloon and remove it.
- Now you have a new decorative piece to enjoy or give to a loved one as a gift.