When flowers and leaves are in abundance, it’s the perfect opportunity to collect and put them to good use. Even if you don’t use all of your collected plant material at once, it’s still great to build up your reserves for use over the holidays. This also make a fun flower craft when the weather calls for indoor activities.
You will need:
- Selection of flowers and leaves if desired
- Mod podge
- Jar or vase of your choice
- Prepare your fresh flowers and leaves by pressing them first. This usually takes at least 2 weeks which is why you need to plan this craft in advance.
- Clean and dry your vase or jar thoroughly before you begin.
- Use a paintbrush to apply some mod podge to the exterior of the vase or jar and stick your flowers, petals, and leaves down. If you are not sure about your design, you can plan it on your table before you begin sticking anything down.
- Don’t be afraid about letting the leaves and petals overlap. This will create a lovely effect.
- Let the glue dry and don’t worry if any of the edges are not perfectly stuck down at this point.
- Once dry, apply another coat of mod podge over the entire surface of the vase or jar. This is so that the end result is uniform.
- You will need to apply about two or three layers of mod podge over the entire surface and you need to let it dry completely in between layers.
- You can place a votive candle or LED candle inside if you like. Alternatively, you can fill it with sand or grains as a decorative piece. If you decorate a vase, it can still be used as a vase of course.