Have you ever looked at a candle and wished that you could decorate it to suit your home or preferences? Well, with a few basic supplies and some patience, you can do just that! Floral themes are excellent for your own home as well as gifts.
You will need:
- White candle (large votive candle)
- Image of your choice on a tissue or printed on tissue paper
- White wax paper
- Start by cutting your image to size so that it fits the candle. If you need to trim the edges but you don’t want straight lines but rather a feathered effect, you can use a thin paintbrush and water to wet the margin before you gently pull the edges away.
- Now position the picture on your candle and cut a piece of wax paper so that you can wrap it all the way around the candle with extra for you to hold.
- Hold the picture in place and then position your wax paper over it and grip it firmly at the back with one and. Make sure that your image is flat and that there are no wrinkles or air bubbles.
- Use your hairdryer and gently work over the image from one side to the other. The candle will melt slightly and this will allow the image to stick in place.
- Once you are done, remove the wax paper and inspect your image. If you notice any wrinkles or air bubbles, use your hairdryer to heat this area and gently press the image down but take care not to tear it.
- When you are happy with the result, let your candle stand to cool down completely.
- Display or wrap and present as a gift.
If you want to decorate your candle with several flower images, you can do them each individually so that the task is made easier and giving yourself the opportunity to take breaks in between.