If you want to make a bouquet with a special sweet twist, then you’re in for a treat! This design is beautiful, delicious, and really easy to make yourself too!
You will need:
- 18 cupcakes
- Buttercream frosting
- Cupcake wrappers (preferably green)
- Polystyrene ball (6 inch)
- Piping bag with 1M Wilton “Swirl” icing tip
- Leaves and small flowers
- Shallow ceramic bowl to hold the arrangement
- Start by baking your cupcakes according to your favourite recipe and let them cool down. Remember to use green cupcake wrappers if possible.
- Once they have cooled down, place the polystyrene ball on the ceramic bowl and start by inserting two toothpicks in the bottom of a cupcake and then inserting the other end in the polystyrene ball. Line the edge of the ball closest to the rim of the bowl.
- Once you have completed the first row, continue with the next row. Place the second row of cupcakes so that they don’t line up with the lower row. Each cupcake should be placed above the point where the two lower cupcakes meet.
- Continue until you cover the entire ball with cupcakes and don’t worry if you can still see some of the green foam.
- Use the piping bag to decorate your cupcakes. If you like, test your skills on an extra cupcake first. Start from the centre and work your way out and around. You can use any colour or even multiple colours. White looks lovely as well as pink and white.
- When all of the cupcakes have been decorated, you can fill in the gaps in between with small fresh flowers like baby’s breath and sprigs of foliage. Make sure that the flowers and foliage that you use are safe and do not have any toxic properties. Fill up your cupcake bouquet until none of the green foam can be seen.
This is an excellent gift for Mother’s Day as well as other occasions like birthdays and anniversaries, to name a few.