Halloween is a great opportunity to get dressed up and decorate your home. While most decorations involve ghosts, witches, vampires, and various creatures, flowers can also play a great role in creating a spooky environment. Here’s how to make your own paper flower bouquet for Halloween.
You will need:
- Tissue paper
- Colour paper
- Thin ribbon
- Cut squares of tissue paper and layer them on top of one another. You will need six layers.
- Fold them like an accordion WITHOUT separating them.
- Find the midpoint and secure with a thin piece of string.
- Attach a dowel to the centre of the the flower.
- Fluff the tissue paper out on either side so that they no longer have an accordion shape and separate each layer of tissue paper.
- If you like, you can carefully snip the edges of the tissue paper with a sharp pair of scissors. This will help split the paper up even more and create a more perfect round shape.
- Cut out fun Halloween shapes from you colour paper and stick them to dowels too.
- Place your paper flowers and Halloween paper décor in the vase.
- Cut pieces of thin ribbon and curl one end before inserting in between the flowers.
The best part about using paper flower displays is that you can take your time to prepare them. You can work well enough in advance so that you can focus on other food and décor aspects closer to the time. When choosing your colours, remember that black, lime green, orange, and purple look perfectly spooky together!