Flowers come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colours. We also have the option of displaying fresh flowers, silk flowers, dried flowers, and even paper flowers. In fact, flowers can be made from various types of paper, including crepe paper. Crepe paper flowers are some of the easiest to make. The best part of all is that the delicate nature of the paper gives these flowers the most gorgeous appearance of all!
You will need:
- 12 artificial stamens
- Floral wire
- Green floral tape
- Tissue paper of your choice (cut 5 pieces that each measure 4 x 2.25 inches)
- Styrofoam balls (1 ½ inch in size)
- Attach your 12 artificial stamens to a piece of floral wire.
- Wrap with floral tape to secure and feel free to continue all the way down the wire to give your stem a green appearance.
- You will need to make each petal individually. Wrap one piece of tissue paper halfway around the Styrofoam ball. Twist the ends of the paper and remove the ball. You should be left with a kind of cup form with two twisted ends of paper.
- Attach one of these twisted ends to the base of the stamen. Use floral tape to stick it in place.
- Attach all of your petals to the stamen.
- Trim off the pointy edges but make sure that you don’t cut too much. You want the petals to maintain their rounded cup-like shape.
- Fluff the petals out as you like.
- If desired, you can add more than one layer of petals. For example, you can use a smaller Styrofoam ball and make smaller petals for the centre and add the larger ones behind these small petals. If this is the case, you can also use two different colours or two shades of the same colour to make your flowers even more vibrant.
Once you are done with your flowers, you can use them to decorate a vase in your home or office. You could send them as a gift or even use one or more to decorate a gift box. There are so many ways to put paper flowers to good use and making them is such great fun too!