There are a lot of advantages to choosing carnations when you need to send flowers or even decorate your own home. Carnations are one of the cheapest and longest lasting flowers you’ll find at your local florist. They are also available in a wide variety of colours. Carnations can be arranged along with other kinds of flowers or displayed all on their own. To make your very own carnation flower arrangement, follow these simple steps:
You will need:
- A short cylindrical vase
- Your choice of carnations
- A sharp pair of scissors
- Flower preservative
- Dissolve the flower preservative in some fresh, clean water in your vase.
- Use a sharp pair of scissors to trim the stems of your carnations, one by one.
- Remember to trim the stems at an angle and remove any leaves along the stem.
- You will start by placing the first row of carnations around the rim of the vase. Trim the stems so that the heads of the flowers just pop over the rim. Place one beside the next until you complete the bottom row.
- Now it’s time to do the next layer. These stems will need to be slightly longer than those in the bottom row. Place these flowers above the position where two of the lower level carnations meet. Again, complete the row before progressing to the next.
- You can display the arrangement as is or you can tie a ribbon around the vase. If you like, you could even add a vase filler. This can add to the aesthetic beauty of the arrangement while making it easier to keep each stem in place while you work on the bouquet.
- When choosing colours, you can go with a single colour, multiple colours, or even several shades of the same colour.