After years of marriage, it’s quite common for the once roaring flame to reduce to little more than an ember. The good news is that the fire can be reignited and there’s no better time than Valentine’s Day to do just that! Here are some easy steps for you to follow if you want to surprise your wife this V-Day:
- Start by planning your special romantic Valentine’s Day at least two weeks in advance
- If possible, contact her boss and secretly arrange for her to have the day off.
- If you have children, make a plan for them to spend a few hours with a trusted family member or friend.
- If you need help cleaning your home, you should arrange to have a cleaning service arrive as early as possible the morning before. Make sure that you are there while they are cleaning so that you can supervise their work.
- If you want to enjoy a romantic drive, you might like to hire a driver and a fancy car to take you from your home on a romantic scenic drive before you reach your restaurant where your reserved table awaits. If you have a significant amount of time to enjoy together, you could even make a stop at your local spa for a massage or whatever treatment you know your wife enjoys.
- You should be able to enjoy some champagne and appetizers in the chauffeured car while your choice of romantic music plays in the background.
- Have your favourite florist deliver a bouquet of your wife’s favourite flowers to your home the day before. Set them aside so that you can surprise your wife first thing in the morning.
- If your budget allows, you might like to buy your wife a special piece of jewellery like a new pair of earrings, a new necklace, or even a bracelet. Wait until you are seated at the restaurant before you present this gift.
- Enjoy your meal and take the time to talk and don’t rush the evening. You are literally free of responsibilities for the evening which is all the more reason to make the most of it.