Valentine’s Day is not too far away and it’s time to start thinking about how you plan on spoiling that special someone. Your online florist will have plenty of ready-made bouquets that will always make the recipient feel special. Of course, if you want to do the designing yourself, then you can follow these easy steps to make your own romantic bouquet.
You will need:
- Shallow, cube-shaped vase
- Floral foam
- 1 Stargazer lily
- 3 Green dianthus flowers
- 2 White roses
- 4 Red roses
- Red carnation
- Green Poms (as fillers)
- Hypericum Berries (as fillers)
- Accessories for the romantic theme
- Start by cutting, soaking and fitting your floral foam inside the vase.
- Place some small leaves (like ferns) to create a base for the arrangement and conceal the floral foam.
- Place one stargazer lily in the centre of the arrangement.
- Place three green dianthus flowers around the lily (space them equally apart).
- Place one white rose closer to the rim of the vase. Then place two red roses (equally spaced apart) on either side. Place the other white rose on the opposite side of the vase.
- Add a red carnation in between the dianthus flowers.
- Fill up with some green poms and hypericum berries.
- Top off with an accessory of your choice like a chocolate heart supported by a strong stick.
If you are assembling your bouquet the day before or on the day you plan to present it, then it’s important to condition the flowers. You can do this by removing the guard petals and gently fluffing out the petals to encourage them to open. Don’t forget to cut the stems at an angle. You might be placing them in floral foam but they will still need to absorb water and a larger surface means better absorption and longer lasting flowers.