A guide to your own brand of floral perfume
Its a known fact that many of the leading brands of perfume today can contain very harmful chemicals. These chemicals can sometime have adverse reactions on the skin and cause various allergies to themselves and those around them. In many fancy fragrances, there can be as many as 700 different chemicals used and never actually use any natural fragrances from flowers . To think what this will do to our environment if poured down the sink, as many do after receiving a Christmas smellie!
Why not try and make your own perfume, using all natural ingredients from flowers that won’t irritate your skin, or those around you! Who knows you could become the next Gautier or Dior. Follow our recipe for making your own Flower perfume.
- 1. Get some flowers you like, whether there are roses or lily’s, it’s entirely up to you. You will need about 4 or 5 handfuls.
- 2. They will need to be cleaned to make sure there are no beasties in them. So give a good rinse, we would recommend using cold water.
- 3. Take about half a pint of water and put it in pot or pan.
- 4. Place the clean petals into the water and bring it to a gentle simmer. But becareful, don’t burn them, you will ruin it and all what you have done will have been a waste of time.
- 5. This whole process will take a couple of hours, so make sure you don’t have to pop out to your friends as you need to attend to it every now and then to make sure it does not boil over and the water does not completely evaporate. Your probably best getting a cup of tea and a newspaper.
- 6. Switch it off and take your mix of the heat and leave it to cool down.
- 7. The next thing is to drain the contents through one of those coffee filters of fine sieve, you just need to make sure the mix comes clear.
- 8. Put your perfume in a perfume container, you will always find one of these at a charity shop or get one on ebay.
- 9. That’s you! All Done! Now show off your own brand of your natural all flowers perfume!